by Mike Keating on Friday, 12th of September 2014
HARD CORE WORSHIP
We must worship the way that God prescribes. There is a protocol to worshipping the one true God. You can choose to worship what God you want ... but then you must come according to his desire. This is love. You respond to his personal preferences ... chocolate, flowers, etc.
a. Cain's offering was rejected (Gen 4)
b. Uzzah put his hand on the ark and died (2 Sam 6)
c. Strange fire - Nadab and Abihu (Lev 10)
i.We are to come together - it is a corporate practice (Bride, Body, Building - all corporate images)
ii. We are to come by blood - grace, dressed in Christ's righteousness, with the garment of praise!
iii. We are to bring sacrifices - the fruit of our lips, the sacrifice of praise
2. Created for Worship
a. Gen 1:11 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and
b. At the end, creation stands in praise and worship
a. Eph 1:11 "It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are the earth"
• Rev 4:11 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."living for"
3. Heart Worship
a. The greatest commandment - Mark 12:30
• "Hear Oh Israel, the Lord your God is one God and you shall love the Lord with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your strength."
• You need to engage with your emotions - not emotionalism, but genuine feelings. David writes "I will praise the Lord with all my heart" We have to determine - Who or what determines my joy? Who or what shapes my feelings? Who or what will I worship? My choice will determine my vision and my vision will determine my worship.
• Silence is a sign of disconnection, mourning and bondage
Judas was silent Michal resented King David's exuberant worship 1 Chron. 15:29
The religious condemned the crowd's adulation of Jesus has he rode into the city of Jerusalem
• Luke 19:40 "If they keep quiet, the stones will cry out"
Psalm 137 "By the rivers of Babylon, we sat and wept when we remember Zion"
Psalm 30:11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.
a. We can conclude that worship is a corporate event requiring individual participation. We are required to worship according to God's preferences and not our own. Praise is audible, it is to flow from the heart of a lover, it is what we are made for.
IF YOU WILL GIVE YOURSELF TO GENUINE WORSHIP OF THE LORD IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH, YOU WILL EXPERIENCE A SENSE OF ACCEPTANCE AND PLACE THAT WILL VERIFY THAT IT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE MADE FOR AND WHAT YOU ULTIMATELY DESIRE.
- Ps Mike